1. PVD is the abbreviation for Physical Vapor Deposition, which means using physical method to make
2. Plating technique principle – PVD plating (ion-plating), the specific principle is under vacuum condition, using low pressure, large current electric arc discharge technique, take advantage of gas to discharge, making target evaporating as well as creating ionization between evaporating material and gas, take advantage of electric to speed up reaction, making the evaporating material and anti-unit deposit on the workpiece.
3. Feature of PVD surface coating – the coating made from surface coating technique has intense hardness, high abrasion resistant (low friction coefficient),
4. Types of coating made by PVD surface coating – PVD surfacting coating technique is a real surface treatment method that can make micron film with zero pollution to environment, it can make various types of coating film (for examples Ag, Cu, Al, etc), nitride oxide reactor film (TiN, ZrN, CrN, TialN) and carbide film (TiC, TiCN), also oxide film (for example TiO, etc.)
Thickness of PVD plating film – PVD plating film’s thickness can reach micron, thin film with thickness around 0.3μm～5μm, thickness of the metal film is normally around 0.3μm～1μm, so it can enhance various physical and chemical properties of the workpiece surface without effect the formal size of workpiece at all, no need to reprocessing after plating.
6. PVD plating can create different type of plating colors – PVD plating can currently create various colors such as dark gold, light gold, brown, bronze, grey, black, dark grey, blue, purple, rose gold, red purple, marine blue, green, gradient, multicolor, mixed color, etc.
7. Main application of PVD plating technology in the industry – PVD plating technology is classified into two big types: decorative coating and functional coating. The main purpose of decorative coating is to enhance outer durable look of the workpiece and meet different color requirements, making the workpiece to be more wear-resistant, corrosion resistance, prolong product life; and the main application is for different areas of hardware industry, for examples hardware, tools, sanitary, etc. the main purpose of functional coating is to enhance hardness and wear-resistant function of workpiece’s surface, reduce friction ratio of the surface, enhance workpiece’s life; on the other hand, it is mainly used in various kind of scissors, cutting tools (such as milling cutter, planer, cutting knife ,etc.), all kinds of hardware tools (such as screwdrivers, pliers, etc.), all kinds of molds for products.
8. Main features and advantages of PVD plating (Ion plating) – PVD plating has the following advantages: